Shortly before the winter of 98, his return to Porto was planned, after going to play there with Real Madrid. “We came to play a Champions League match in Porto and speaking with President Pinto da Costa he asked me if I wanted to return. I did not look back. There were people at Real Madrid who told me not to go out, that we were going to be champions of Europe, as then happened, but I left because I could not reject the offer of Porto. I was in time to win the League five times, “he said.The Portuguese played just 17 games for Real Madrid throughout his brief journey as a white player. In Porto, he added many more titles to his achievements in addition to the League with Real Madrid: six Portuguese Leagues, five Cups, one UEFA Cup and three national Super Cups.Nowadays, Carlos Secretary is coach of the US Creteil-Lusitanos of the French Championnat National, equivalent to the Second Spanish B. Before the stoppage due to coronavirus, the Parisian club occupied half of the table with 35 points, 13 of the head and 11 of the promotion slots. “All of this happened after the Euro Cup in England. My representative called me to go to Lisbon because we had to make a contract with a club but I did not know what it was and suddenly saw that it was Real Madrid. When I was going to sign for them, Vítor Baía called me and told me about Barcelona. Bobby Robson was there and he wanted me to go too. But I had already committed to Real Madrid. Maybe it would have been better for my career to have gone to Barça, because there I had the support of my teammates but, that day, I was already signing for Real and I couldn’t reject it. Things did not go well, but we ended up winning LaLiga. The following year, after leaving in winter, Real Madrid was champion of Europe “, he assured the one who was a white winger in the TV program ‘FC Porto em casa’. Carlos Secretary was one of Fabio Capello’s requests to Lorenzo Sanz for Real Madrid. The Italian wanted to reform the squad with a reinforcement on the right side and looked at the Portuguese, then a Porto player and starter in the Portuguese team.The Secretary’s journey was not as successful as they expected and now, the former madridista admits in an interview in his country that Vitor Baía tried to take him to Barça and that in perspective, he may have chosen poorly and should have been inclined to dress in blaugrana.
Hovhannisyan, who is trained by the legendary cornerman Freddie Roach, dropped to a record of 14-3.He was fighting for his first world title and the loss ended his eight-fight win streak.In the other title fight Saturday, rising star Jaime Munguia crushed America’s Sadam Ali to take the WBO junior middleweight title with a fourth-round stoppage.Munguia, who had a substantial size and punching power advantage, easily won the lopsided bout. The 21-year-old Mexican floored Ali twice in the opening round, once in the second and again in the fourth before the referee put a halt to the slaughter.ADVERTISEMENT Vargas, who is now a perfect 32-0 in his career, won on all three judges’ scorecards including one who had it 118-110. The other two scored it 117-11 and 116-112.He fought the final four rounds with blood flowing freely but the cuts above his eyes did not seem to affect his vision that much.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownAfter piling up points in the early rounds, he hurt Armenia’s Hovhannisyan with a right hook in the ninth round at the Turning Stone Casino in Verona, New York.Vargas was coming off a twelve-round unanimous decision over undefeated Oscar Negrete in December. LATEST STORIES View comments Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. MOST READ In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’ Jury of 7 men, 5 women selected for Weinstein rape trial Volcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding China population now over 1.4 billion as birthrate falls Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award Basketball Without Borders returns to India Winfrey details her decision to withdraw from Simmons film Jiro Manio arrested for stabbing man in Marikina Dave Chappelle donates P1 million to Taal relief operations CARSON, CA – AUGUST 26: Rey Vargas poses for a photo with the belt after beating Ronny Rios in a unanimous during the WBC Junior Bantamweight title fight at StubHub Center on August 26, 2017 in Carson, California. Harry How/Getty Images/AFPMexico’s Rey Vargas retained his World Boxing Council title with a unanimous decision over Azat Hovhannisyan in a bloody showdown between a pair of super bantamweight fighters on Saturday night.Vargas made his third straight successful defense of the title despite finishing the 12-round fight with blood streaming down both sides of his face, the result of headbutts in the eighth and 12th rounds.ADVERTISEMENT