Memorial doantions can be directed to St. Michael School or to Holy Guardian Angel Cemetery. To sign the online guestbook or to leave a personal condolence, please visit www.cookrosenberger.com. The staff of Cook Rosenberger Funeral Home is honored to care for the family of Frances Barnard. Those surviving who will cherish Frances’ memory include her children, Anthony (Lynn) Barnard of Brookville, and daughter Cindy McElfresh of Connersville; 5 grandchildren; 16 great-grandchildren; 2 great, great-grandchildren; siblings, Fred Rosenberger of Brookville, Mary Hoffman of Brookville, Marge Senefeld of Florida, and John Rosenberger of Brookville. Besides her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband, William, and an infant daughter, Sharon. Frances E. Barnard, of Blooming Grove, was born on August 26, 1927 in Cedar Grove, the daughter of Albert and Emma Reuss Rosenberger. She married William H. Barnard and together they raised 2 children, Anthony and Cindy. Frances worked at Union County High School for many year in the cafeteria. She was a member of St. Michael Church, and former member of St. Bridgett’s Catholic Church in Liberty, where she had served as a Eucharistic minister and supported many church activities. In her spare time, Frances loved gardening-especially flowers, and sewing. On Wednesday, August 23, just 3 days short of her 90th birthday, she passed away at her residence. Friends may visit with the family on Saturday, August 26, 2017 from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. at Cook Rosenberger Funeral Home, 929 Main Street, Brookville. Rosary will be recited at 10:15 and Father Sean Danda will officiate the service at 1 p.m. at the funeral home. Burial will follow at a later date in Holy Guardian Angel Cemetery, Cedar Grove.
___More AP sports: https://apnews.com/apf-sports and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports May 6, 2020 ___German soccer could be cleared to resume when Chancellor Angela Merkel meets with the governors of the country’s 16 states.The dpa news agency reports that May 15 and 22 are being considered by the federal government as start dates for the Bundesliga.The league has introduced blanket coronavirus testing at clubs and is eager to finish the season by the end of June. That is when some player contracts expire.The push to resume has faced a backlash. There have been at least 11 positive tests of players and staff since testing began last week and Hertha Berlin forward Salomon Kalou was suspended after posting a video showing social distancing measures being flouted at the club. Associated Press The league is trying to find a way to resume in June but group practice sessions have not yet started.Purslow tells talkSPORT radio that “we haven’t got to the crucial protocols that relate to actually playing football. Until we crack the code of making our great contact sports safe then the conversation we’re having is hypothetical.”Aston Villa has joined Brighton and West Ham in expressing public opposition to the current “Project Restart” plan that would see all remaining games played at neutral stadiums.Purslow says “we have six home games left to play so any Villa fan would agree that giving up that advantage is a massive decision for somebody running Aston Villa and I certainly wouldn’t agree to that unless the circumstances are right.”Villa is in next-from-last place in the Premier League and two points from safety with 10 games remaining. Share This StoryFacebookTwitteremailPrintLinkedinRedditThe Latest on the effects of the coronavirus outbreak on sports around the world:___Aston Villa chief executive Christian Purslow says Premier League clubs have yet to settle on protocols to ensure a safe return to playing during the coronavirus pandemic. The Latest: Premier League clubs yet to settle on protocols
Dear Editor,Guyana, today, is a house divided because politicians are waging a war for the survival of democracy. One party, the PNC/R, is certainly not playing by the rule of law and with some success, they have been allowed by the custodians of the law to get away with this abhorrent behaviour. The PNC/R has been successful at delaying the elections by six months, using the court system, along with heavy doses of subterfuge and deception. This trickery continues.Today, Mr Keith Lowenfield and his team have embarked upon a process, using an expired ruling from an expired Chairman who was appointed by a “flawed” appointment process. On both previous occasions that I am aware that Guyana had a House-to-House Registration (H2H) process, it took 18 months and to sell the idea that it can be done in 6 months is just plain underhand.Even if Mr Lowenfield puts 30,000 enumerators on the ground, he and I both know it is impossible to deliver a clean voters’ list by December 25, 2019, using the H2H process. One can only now hope that the new GECOM Chairperson – who was not appointed by a “flawed” process – will self-correct the wayward ways of GECOM swiftly and put this organisation back on the legitimate path by adhering to the rule of law as advised by the CCJ.But what Mr David Granger is doing has brought out into the open what we all have known for years. His Party (the PNC/R) is exclusively focused on advancing the cause of a group of an urban elites that cares very little for the working class, especially those in the rural communities. The rest of the nation is even lower down in the chain of importance.This elite cabal of PNC “upper crust” is prepared to suppress the rest of the nation using any means necessary and this situation was brought out in the open when the caretaker Attorney General made his speech at the AmCham debates. His statement as quoted in the press “‘Well, y’all go, go to the election’, because the consequences would be dire”.That statement among some others he made at that forum brought back bitter memories of the “MO FIYA, SLOW FIYA” period that was launched by the PNC/R leadership against Guyana in the 1990s. This is the same old PNC, their modus operandi is simple, bamboozle the nation into submission and plunder the Treasury.Think of this, one minister brought in a vehicle that has a calculated duty of over G$60 million? That is more than the salary that he has earned from his job in the last 4 years.But this was no different from what the PNC did in 1992 when they were transitioning out of office after losing those elections. Their scorch-Earth strategy is the same. They slash and burn every part of the Treasury, wantonly leaving nothing standing after they have left.This is the time to all remain calm and vigilant. This is the time for sharing of information on social media so that the world can tighten the noose around those who are prepared to break the rule of law to advance their unrighteous cause. Time and history are on the side of those who are prepared to follow the rule of law but unfortunately, they have their head so deeply buried in the miasma that they cannot see that their end is near.Regards,Sasenarine Singh,MSc Finance, ACCA