Archive : 上海夜网YI

Weekend Pick: Myrtle Beach Marathon

first_imgThe 17th annual Myrtle Beach Marathon is this Saturday, February 15, at 6:30 a.m. If you’re looking for a flat and fast 26.2 miles then this is your race! With a beautiful course that follows along the awe-inspiring Atlantic Ocean, you’ll wind your way through the famous Million Dollar Mile. This is a perfect course for your friends and family to get involved.The entry fee for the marathon is $125. The Runner’s Expo, which is at the Myrtle Beach Convention Center, is where you’ll be able to collect bibs, t-shirts, and race info. It’ll be open on Thursday from 5-9pm and Friday from 11am-9pm.For those looking to run a little less, there are a number of options. On Friday, there will be a Neon Night 5K and Ripley’s Family Fun Run. The Dasani Half Marathon takes place on Saturday, starting at the same time as the full.All participants can enjoy a post-race party at the House of Blues in North Myrtle Beach where there will be free food and refreshments from 5-7pm. Tickets for guests and non-participants are $20. Awards and trophies will be available for pick-up at this event.The Myrtle Beach Marathon, and all associated events, are produced entirely by volunteers. On race weekend, more than 1,000 volunteers are needed to aid participants in many different ways from registration, shirt hand-out, water, food and aid stations to the finish line. All volunteers receive a free Volunteer T-shirt, free entrance, food and beverage at one of the two post race parties, and the grateful thanks of the Marathon Committee and all participants. If you would like to volunteer and help us make this a memorable event for all participants, please click here. We are constantly updating and adding new volunteer opportunities.last_img read more

PGGM disappointed about rejection bid for Dutch energy firm

first_imgThe €238bn asset manager PGGM said it was disappointed about the rejection of its joint bid with Shell for the Dutch energy supplier Eneco.In a response, its spokesperson said it was “a real pity, as this kind of large investments in local energy transition were scarce”.Eneco’s stakeholders – 44 local councils, including Rotterdam and The Hague – decided to sell the company for €4.1bn to Mitsubishi and Chubu Electric Power.“In our opinion, we had made an attractive offer, both financially and for the firm’s sustainable future,” the spokesperson said. The acquisition would have enabled the asset manager to substantially invest in energy transition in the Netherlands.Rabobank had also been in the race in a partnership with private equity house KKR.Earlier this year, the €529bn Dutch asset manager APG declined to confirm it was interested in the acquisition of Eneco, after local daily De Telegraaf had reported that APG had teamed up with French energy firm Total or the Italian Enel.PGGM stated that losing the deal would not affect its sustainability goals, as it could in principle make acquisitions for its infrastructure fund all over Europe and North America.“But we will be actively looking for new possibilities in the Netherlands,” its spokesperson added.Following this, an investor pressure group aiming for a sustainable approach by fossil fuel companies – comprising asset managers Actiam, Aegon, Achmea, Van Lanschot Kempen, MN and NN IP – have been urging Shell to stick to the Paris Climate Agreement since 2016.Mark van Baal, founder of Follow This, a group of responsible shareholders in oil and gas companies, said that by losing the deal PGGM would be able to encourage Shell to step up its energy transition commitment through climate resolutions at Shell’s AGM.However, the PGGM spokesperson said the co-operation with Shell in the Eneco bid had strengthened the asset manager’s belief that the energy giant was already taking the right steps towards sustainability.last_img read more

PHOTO: TSHD River Thames Out on the Sea Again

first_imgImage source: DEMEFollowing the completion of successful sea trials, the 2.300m³ trailing suction hopper dredger (TSHD) River Thames went out on the sea again for a series of dredging trials, DEME Group announced today.This compact hopper with a small draught will soon reinforce their fleet and is ideally suited for dredging works in shallow waters and on sea and inland waterways.The vessel is designed to maintain sea and inland waterways, as well as perform land reclamation. It is equipped with the latest electronic system to improve positioning, sounding and execution of dredging work.To minimize environmental impact during dredging, the vessel is equipped with the latest innovation in the field of overflow – the IHC Plumigator.last_img

NEW GOVERNMENT: President names business executive for position of Prime Minister

first_img Tweet NewsRegional NEW GOVERNMENT: President names business executive for position of Prime Minister by: – May 21, 2011 Sharing is caring! PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti, CMC – Newly sworn in President, Michel Martlly, geared up for his first major political battle with the opposition dominated Parliament by naming a business executive as his choice for prime minister.Martelly formally nominated Daniel-Gerard Rouzier on Friday to replace Jean-Max Bellerive, who came to the post in November 2009 under former president Rene Preval and had expressed a desire to continue in office.The two chambers of parliament are dominated by the Inite party, who backed Mr Martelly’s rival for the presidency and as the second highest political figure in the French-speaking Caribbean Community (CARICOM) country, Rouzier, if appointed, will play a key role in efforts to get moving with stalled reconstruction after the devastating damage of after last year’s devastating arthquake.The United States educated Rouzier is president of a private power company and owns a car dealership. He also has served on the board of a religious charity based in Coconut Creek, Florida.A member of Martelly’s cabinet said that the president had chosen Rouzier after lengthy discussions with the presidents of both chambers to ensure his candidate would receive their backing.President Martelly, a popular singer has never before held public office and has been criticised by his rivals for his lack of political experience.In his inaugural address he promised to change the country that is recovering from the earthquake on January 12 last year that killed an estimated 300,000 people and left more than a million others homeless.In addition, the new government will have to deal with an outbreak of cholera that has so far killed more than 4,000 people. Sharecenter_img Share 26 Views   one comment Sharelast_img read more

Messi-Menia: Stuttgart fan launches €900million fundraising

first_img Promoted ContentTop 10 Historical Mysteries That Still Haven’t Been Solved14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right NowInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street Art13 kids at weddings who just don’t give a hootFantastic-Looking (and Probably Delicious) Bread Art6 Best Supercars In Movies You’ll Dream To Drive At Least OnceThe Very Last Bitcoin Will Be Mined Around 2140. Read More8 Ways Drones Will Automate Our FutureCouples Who Celebrated Their Union In A Unique, Unforgettable WayThe Funniest Prankster Grandma And Her Grandson7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty PennyThe Best Cars Of All Time Loading… ‘In the event that the planned amount is not reached on time or Lionel Messi joins another club, 100 per cent of the money raised will be donated to Viva con Agua.’ After seeing the fundraising effort, one Twitter user wrote: ‘This is the best thing I’ve seen all day,’ while another added: ‘Now this legendary.’ Manchester City emerged as the favourites to seal Messi’s signature after the star told Barcelona, via fax, he wanted to leave. Read AlsoFIFA set to step in Messi’s quest to leave Barcelona In response to the current status of the fundraiser, one fan quipped: ‘Pays for the fax machine.’ La Liga have ruled that Messi’s astronomical £630million (€700m) release clause is still active, given that the player did not issue his desire to trigger an option to leave for free before June 10 FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 center_img As the global fever over next move for 6-time Ballon d’Or winner Lionel Messi continues, a Stuggart fan has launched a fundraising campaign to help the club sign the embattled Barca star. Tim Artmann set up a fundraising page with a target of €900million (£805m) to try to stump up the cash for the Bundesliga side to acquire the Argentina international. And five days since its creation only €262 (£234) has been donated to the cause, but Artmann has revealed that if the target is not met or Messi departs to another club the donated amount will be given to a water charity. The description on the GoFundMe page reads: ‘We VfB fans are collecting money to pay for Lionel Messi’s transfer. Hottest bride in town, Barca’s lionel MessiAdvertisementlast_img read more

Byron Scott still senses support from Lakers front office

first_imgScott revealed he and Kupchak have addressed “what we can do to get these young guys better and make the procedure for them a lot easier.”Yet, Scott said Kupchak has left Scott freedom to coach as he sees fit. “I’ve told him what I’m thinking about doing at times, some of the things I want to do with the young guys and some of the things I want to do with some of our veteran guys,” Scott said. “But as far as the coaching part, he hasn’t talked about making changes.” Changing his tuneAfter not playing in the fourth quarter of the Lakers’ blowout loss to Golden State on Tuesday, rookie point guard D’Angelo Russell sounded firm on where he stood on that issue. Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error “You’re only a rookie once. You get reps now and mess up now,” Russell told Los Angeles News Group. “So then next year when you’re not a rookie, you don’t have to worry about making rookie mistakes.”Russell softened his stance following Wednesday’s practice, arguing he can learn through “both” playing and sitting.“You have to learn by experience,” Russell said, “and learn by watching.”Scott argued Russell would not have benefited from playing in garbage time.“He could also mess around and get hurt,” Scott said. “I’d rather sit him at that time and he can see what’s going on.” Change of routineScott has not changed his support for Kobe Bryant after averaging 15.2 points on a career-low 31.1 percent per game. “I know his mentality is that he can still play in this league,” Scott said. “And we feel the same way.”Scott has ruled out reducing Bryant’s minutes or his role. But Scott conceded that Bryant’s workout regimen is “sometimes too much.” “He comes out and makes 500 shots. Then the next day, he’s a little sore,” Scott said of Bryant. “He does it and I tell him to trim back on it. We have to find a happy medium.” center_img As the Lakers finished practice earlier this week, coach Byron Scott and general manager Mitch Kupchak talked near center court. Scott reported he and Kupchak have “been talking almost every other day” throughout the Lakers’ 2-12 start.They enter Friday’s game against the Portland Trail Blazers (6-10) at Moda Center with a worse start than even last season, which eventually ended with a franchise-worst 21-61 record. Yet, Scott said he still senses support from Kupchak and Lakers executive vice president of basketball personnel Jim Buss. Scott is in the second-year of a four-year contract worth $17 million, with a team option for the final season.“We still understand that this is a process,” Scott said. “We have a lot of young guys on this team that we feel will be very good players. But it’s not going to happen in a month. It’s going to take some time. It might take a year or two.”last_img read more